Monday, August 08, 2005

Welcome! Guidelines and Theme:

Hello, and welcome to Thoughts Of The Heart! This is a place where people can discuss openly the thoughts or statements God lays on their hearts. This blog is a ministry God has led me to start, and there's more to come. Posts will be written by a good friend of mine and wonderful brother in Christ, Lawrence, as well as others who submit material for the blog. To submit material for this blog, either leave a comment on one of the posts or email me privately with your request. More details for that below. Also, comments left on the Writer's Heart main blog that create food for thought may be requested for pasting into the main posts on this blog, with the author's permission, of course. Feel free to stop by to read comments on a variety of subjects, written by ordinary Christian folks with varied opinions on different matters. Please note that the rules for posting must adhere to the guidelines found in Galations 5:22-26, copied below out of the NIV translation:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."


If you have something you think would be a blessing for others (original works only, please), and that agrees with the above stated guidelines, feel free to leave it in a comment or email it to me, and I will pray about posting it. This blog is not a place where perfect writing is required, it is a place for the average Christian to share whatever God has laid upon his or her heart regarding matters of faith and life in general. Please pray that God will grant guidance, wisdom, and maturity to all involved in the development of this blog, that the world may know and recognize the awesome love we have received and now share freely with others. Jesus' words rang true when He said:
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another." -John 13:34-35 (NIV)


Let us love each other as God loves us, and let us allow Him to use us in accordance with His will, in Jesus' name.

Until next time,
Brooke

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hi Brooke,

Isn't God Amazing!!

Just read your post on WHO group and my first thought was wow and praise the Lord.

I think the Lord is calling us all to expand our borders and I think this will be an awesome adventure for you and for those that the Lord draws here.

I have such an excitement in my spirit about this and I feel the Lord is pleased that you have taken this step of faith my friend.

Keep on writing, keep on sharing and keep on sharing from the heart, for that is where the Lord writes the most important things.

Your fellowservant and scribe,

Paul

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Hiya Paul,

Wow, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a great comment. I love your heart for God, it is evident in all that you write. Keep up the great work, brother. Talk to you later, and may God bless you more than you've ever imagined.

In Christ,
Brooke

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger LawrenceLim said...

Dear sister,

Just want you to know that I've prayed about it and will write if I feel led and ready to do so. Just so you know, I'm not feeling quite alright in Spirit, as I think I've lost the motivation for Spiritual discipline, and the desire to do so...In all, I am feeling quite weak in Spirit, and more towards the worldly ways...slowly...I will have to first get myself right and be filled with His Spirit and annointing, which will only happen when I take the first step of obedeience in spending much more time with Him, not just in prayer but in His word.

Please keep me in prayer yes?

In Him,
~Lawrence~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home