Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dream On!

Sometimes we see our biggest dreams dashed to pieces at our feet, and it feels as if our insides have been ripped to shreds and left raw and broken. We mourn, we cry, and we search for an answer. We're told even as children that failure to learn from our experience would make us a fool, so we decide that to hope again would only be putting our hearts at an even greater risk. What we miss out on is that God wants us to learn from that experience, but not to fear. God's will is never to teach us to fear. In 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NIV), Paul tells us: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." When we trust God's love, we are able to ask Him for the faith and the hope to go on. In short, we must learn to persevere through our pain. We must dare to dream, for that is the will of God.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger LawrenceLim said...

Dear sister,

I can empathize with that. It’s a great struggle to put my trust in Him again when my dream was shattered. But I believe it was God’s faithfulness that drew me back to Him again despite of that. You were there when that happened sister. I don’t know exactly how He did it, but He revealed to me what the devil was doing: to steal, kill and destroy. The devil wants to steal our faith, to kill our hope and to destroy whatever personal plans God has for us. Due to that reason, I knew it was the devil’s doing, which is why I came back to God. I think Job was a very good example, as he persevered in his faith and love for God, even when he didn’t understand why all those bad things happened to him. My way to trust Him was a bit different. I don’t know which came first, but I guess it was the faith in Him first before I even love Him. Trust came first when God helped us when He revealed Himself in His ways (through the bible for example), and then comes love for Him when we knew how good He is. Love and faith go hand in hand and hope is only the by product. As for hope, as long God is our hope, we can dream big because He is the limit, an even if He says no, we can trust that He has a better plan.

In Him,
~Lawrence~

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Hi Lawrence,

Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself... thanks for sharing.

In Christ,
Brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home