Thursday, April 06, 2006

Family

Family. What a wonderful word. For most, it brings up memories of Christmas eves spent in front of a beautifully decorated tree with their parents or siblings. For others, it brings only feelings of bitter emptiness at what they didn't have. For still others, it brings to mind the family that took them in when no one else would. For Christians, it can bring to mind our loving Father and Lord and the family Jesus died to bring us into. Often while at church I take time to look at my brothers and sisters in Christ. What a wonderful blessing to call them my family! Looking around I know I've found acceptance, not just for my strengths, but also my weaknesses. Isn't it great to be part of God's family?

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger LawrenceLim said...

Dear sister,

It is indeed wonderful that you have found a sense of belonging in church (people of God). However, not all are that fortunate. Soem people left the church because they felt left out and thus lonely. That's why it's important for us as a Christian family to reach out to the lonely family members.

On the other hand, when that happens to any of us, if only we focus back on Him, and our divine relationship in whcih he has died to give us, He will draw near to us as we draw near to Him. I pray that He'll fill our loneliness.

PS: Sorry for missing the point. Or should say goin out of your point?

In Him,
~Lawrence~

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Dear Lawrence,

Thanks for stopping by. You didn't stray from the point, you just added to it. And I'm grateful for your doing so. Sometimes I forget just how blessed I am to be a part of a local church that is oustanding in its love and attention towards new folks and loners, regardless of their past (though I'm sure there are still some who walk away feeling ignored... unfortunately, the more a church grows the harder it is to make sure everyone is welcomed, but we try hard anyway). Thanks for reminding me how blessed I am, and amen to your prayer that God will fill our loneliness.

In Christ,
Brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home