Saturday, April 08, 2006

Which Coaster Are You On?

I love rollercoasters. But one ride I don't enjoy is the emotional rollercoaster - the one that's full of loops, hills, and rickety bridges that make my heart pound. In fact, this rollercoaster is so dangerous that the Owner of the park Himself has banned it. So why do I continue to ride? I don't know. The Owner has brought me back to safety many times, yet my mind continues to pull me towards that coaster.

Who runs this outlawed coaster? A rebel. He's already been fired, and I have it on good Authority this rebel will soon be banished from the park altogether. Until then, all attendees of the park have been advised to stay away from this rollercoaster, often called by names such as Worry, Hopelessness, Anxiety, and Frustration. Thankfully, there is an alternative to ride. Its name is Peace, and its safety and satisfaction are guaranteed by the Designer Himself. I think I'll give it a try. How about you?

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger LawrenceLim said...

I think we as humans took the ride in some point opf our lives. Sometimes it is done out of our own will, sometimes it isn't. We're dragged into the roller coaster itself. But here's the antidote: Whenever we're in that roller coaster, we can choose to get out of it, as long we know Who we belong to, which is the Person who owns the park. The rebel is subjected to His authorithy. As long we want to stop and come to Him, the rebel do not have the authorithy to hold us back. Even if he tries to do so, He will come to our aid. The Lord promised the peace that He had left us before He was crucified. It is given to all believers as long we ask for it. The only thing is that we must know Who to ask from - which is God Himself. Isn't God faithful?

In Him,
~Lawrence~

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Lawrence,

Amen... thank you so much for sharing that. Way cool, and so true. Thanks.

In Him,
Brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home